Skip to main content

How is it that 6 months seems so short and so long?

I am in an amazing season of life. It's weird most days and I do not understand the plans the Lord is making, but that is okay. The Lord has timing. This morning as I sat in church, Andy Heis spoke about enjoying THIS time that God is moving in and do not spend all your time and energy looking back or looking too far forward. And at this moment, I am great. Sure things will change and move and explode and calm again, that is life folks.
Almost 2 years ago I was originally nominated for the Humanitarian Award, that I was blessed to win 18 months later. The National Obesity Foundation is ran by almost all volunteers and they had a large turn over and my paperwork was lost in the shuffle. Lucky for them, I am persistent and assertive. I called and emailed and called and emailed until I spoke with Mike Panas, who helped me tremendously. As you know, I won that award and had Gastric Sleeve surgery in June, 6 months ago. I cannot say that I wished it would had happened sooner and I cannot say that I was patient. I can say, that I am every grateful for the timing of the Lord. He knew. It has been almost one year ago that I spoke with Mike and we began again the process of me being nominated for the award. Two years ago,  my mental state was off, as my sweet Papaw had been diagnosed with cancer and was sent home on hospice care and passed away a few days later.
I was mess. That was not the time and the Lord knew it. So as one year passed and I was in a better mental state, the Lord was all like, "Hey, Sara, you ready." I have never in my life felt rejected or unwanted or unloved, but during the past year, I have felt MORE loved and wanted and supported than ever. The Lord knew that I would need this support on the bad days and the good days and the sad days. The Lord also knew that my graduate school schedule is never ending, and he provided me with time to work ahead on school work. You want to know what else? He knew that I would need community support to win the award. After I won, I was informed that my surgery would be in Orange County California, where my world-changers BEST FRIEND lives and works, the Lord was providing me support in California!
Also, that my dear family that lives in Tucson, would drive to California to be with me and mom (mainly to sneak mom snacks).

I also had the most supportive co-workers that held the fort down while I was gone and have supported my weird eating times and habits. The Lord's timing. That is good stuff.
I have felt better and have been able to serve more wholeheartedly and without exhaustion.
So in 6 months things have changed. 68lbs are gone, I have 1 chin, I have lost 4 pants sizes, 3 shirt sizes, bra's have changed, ring size went from 10 to 7, I took an extender off my my watch, and so so many more. While I do look forward to what the Lord has, for now I will enjoy this moment and this time.

LOVE you guys big!
Sara

Comments

  1. I am forever grateful that I got to be by your side that day - oh how He loves us - oh how He has provided for us through the years and OH MY GOODNESS how I adore you! You have worked so hard all through the years and continue to astound me. You have always been strong and brave and confident and beautiful - but I love the way you're choosing to proclaim His story in all of this - His presence - His power - His plan. You're amazing and I am so honored to call you friend and sister and to have loved you throughout this last decade - THAT is the good stuff! You're amazing Sara Jessica Linkous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am about to embark on the same type of bariatric surgery adventure you are currently on. I have many questions and I'm excited about what's about to happen. I have the support of my wife and kids, my church family and my coworkers but none of them have been through this. If you'd like to correspond, I'd appreciate it. I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben! I am so happy that you are about to begin this journey. I can personally say that the rough days that will follow surgery, are small barriers that you will overcome and they will lead to amazing days! I would love to answer any questions that you have.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

so

so, if you know me, you know that i ask a lot of questions. i seem to wonder about things that no one thinks of.. i will share my most amazing thoughts on here. maybe if you have thoughts, you can respond; if not, it just feels good to get it out. example. why does nabisco continue to make "regular" oreo's, when they have double stuffed? i mean ,why would you not purchase the double stuffed, it's so much better!

4 months already?

Surgery seems so long ago, but in reality yesterday was four months since I had gastric sleeve surgery. These photos are four months apart, I have lost 51 pounds. I feel amazing! I got the results from my three month postop bloodwork, the only issue is my thyroid is not working correctly, which we knew before surgery. I will have further testing on that in the next few weeks. I started this process wearing a size 28 in pants and a 4X in T-shirts, I am now in a comfortable size 22 pants and a 2X and T-shirts. If you see me on a regular basis, you will notice that I have the same clothes in heavy rotation, bear with me, I'm working on selling some clothes so I can buy new clothes that fit! As far as exercise goes, I continue to go to yoga class and I have started attending a spinning\cycling class, and is always the elliptical. The elliptical is my true love.  I am forever grateful for everyone's support during this journey so far, and I know that your support is ongoing. Love y

beginnings of the 26th birthday celebration

who has the best friends in the world? i do. so, since my birthday is on a tuesday this year, we started my birthday celebrations a little early. of course i picked the resturant, and i chose Conner's steak and seafood, in Huntsville. we have been there on one other occasion. their steaks are simply amazing! joining me in this celebration were amy, amanda, ben, brett, jessica, and dave. so after this wonderful dinner, we walked and talked a while, which was hard because is was about 30 degrees outside. then we, mainly brett, wanted to take someout door photos, these are just a few that we took.   brett took this, i am almost positive that we were not ready when he took it. we look pretty amazing anyways. then it was time for a group shot, the first attempt...ehh the camera was prompted up on a coke machine... didn't work so well. ben looks as if he were smoking, it is actually a straw from dinner. after this photo, brett put the camera in the window seal behind ben. i am