Skip to main content

One year already?!

Can you even believe it?! I cannot. June 5th was officially one year since I underwent VGS (vertical sleeve gastrectomy). It was surely life changing. By now I hope that you all understand the HUGE MASSIVE GIANT role that you played in my surgery.
I am forever thankful. This post is going to list some things that have changed since surgery, some of which you may not understand, if you have never been over weight... and a lot of photos.

1. My highest documented weight was 364lbs, I currently weigh 250lbs.
2. I wore a 4x or 26/28 prior to surgery, I currently wear 1x, xl (which are NOT the same) and 14/16/18 pants... brands y'all.
3. My ring size went from a 10 to a 7.
4. Bra band size went from 46 to 38/40.
5. I am rocking a 2 piece at the pool!
6. My feet are smaller, maybe 1/2 size.
7. I have collar bones! (Say what)
8. I can easily shave my whole leg.
9. I have the ability to paint my  own toes and not pass out.
10. I can go into almost any "normal size" store and find clothes.
11. I can easily bend down in my car and pick up something out the floorboard and not lose my breath.
12. When my nephew Owen hugs me he says, "hey aunt Sara, you are shrinking." (Happy tears)
13. I can purchase bracelets without the fear that they will not fit over my hands.
14. Somehow in the mix I gained a booty.
15. I can comfortably wear a seatbelt.
16. I don't fret getting on a scale, even though I am still considered obese, I feel freaking amazing.
17. I am able to serve (which was a goal) more hours at a time and not feel exhausted.







I know there are more, but these are the ones that stick out.
Now, for the nosey's, I do have health issues that are not at all weight related: hypothyroidism, narcolepsy (idiopathic hypersomnia), iron deficency, and a few others... these will never changed based on my weight.

With that being said. I am so grateful for this life. I am thankful at how the Lord provides, however this timing in which he provides is not my favorite part.

To anyone who is considering weight-loss surgery know this: it is not the easy way out, it is simply a tool. The first six months weight came off fairly easily, but since then I am the one who puts in the work. I am the one who meal plans. I am the one who attends the gym. I am the one who tells myself no.

Much Love!
Sara


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

so

so, if you know me, you know that i ask a lot of questions. i seem to wonder about things that no one thinks of.. i will share my most amazing thoughts on here. maybe if you have thoughts, you can respond; if not, it just feels good to get it out. example. why does nabisco continue to make "regular" oreo's, when they have double stuffed? i mean ,why would you not purchase the double stuffed, it's so much better!

4 months already?

Surgery seems so long ago, but in reality yesterday was four months since I had gastric sleeve surgery. These photos are four months apart, I have lost 51 pounds. I feel amazing! I got the results from my three month postop bloodwork, the only issue is my thyroid is not working correctly, which we knew before surgery. I will have further testing on that in the next few weeks. I started this process wearing a size 28 in pants and a 4X in T-shirts, I am now in a comfortable size 22 pants and a 2X and T-shirts. If you see me on a regular basis, you will notice that I have the same clothes in heavy rotation, bear with me, I'm working on selling some clothes so I can buy new clothes that fit! As far as exercise goes, I continue to go to yoga class and I have started attending a spinning\cycling class, and is always the elliptical. The elliptical is my true love.  I am forever grateful for everyone's support during this journey so far, and I know that your support is ongoing. Love y

beginnings of the 26th birthday celebration

who has the best friends in the world? i do. so, since my birthday is on a tuesday this year, we started my birthday celebrations a little early. of course i picked the resturant, and i chose Conner's steak and seafood, in Huntsville. we have been there on one other occasion. their steaks are simply amazing! joining me in this celebration were amy, amanda, ben, brett, jessica, and dave. so after this wonderful dinner, we walked and talked a while, which was hard because is was about 30 degrees outside. then we, mainly brett, wanted to take someout door photos, these are just a few that we took.   brett took this, i am almost positive that we were not ready when he took it. we look pretty amazing anyways. then it was time for a group shot, the first attempt...ehh the camera was prompted up on a coke machine... didn't work so well. ben looks as if he were smoking, it is actually a straw from dinner. after this photo, brett put the camera in the window seal behind ben. i am