Skip to main content

4 months already?

Surgery seems so long ago, but in reality yesterday was four months since I had gastric sleeve surgery. These photos are four months apart, I have lost 51 pounds.
I feel amazing! I got the results from my three month postop bloodwork, the only issue is my thyroid is not working correctly, which we knew before surgery. I will have further testing on that in the next few weeks. I started this process wearing a size 28 in pants and a 4X in T-shirts, I am now in a comfortable size 22 pants and a 2X and T-shirts. If you see me on a regular basis, you will notice that I have the same clothes in heavy rotation, bear with me, I'm working on selling some clothes so I can buy new clothes that fit! As far as exercise goes, I continue to go to yoga class and I have started attending a spinning\cycling class, and is always the elliptical. The elliptical is my true love. 
I am forever grateful for everyone's support during this journey so far, and I know that your support is ongoing.
Love you guys!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One year already?!

Can you even believe it?! I cannot. June 5th was officially one year since I underwent VGS (vertical sleeve gastrectomy). It was surely life changing. By now I hope that you all understand the HUGE MASSIVE GIANT role that you played in my surgery. I am forever thankful. This post is going to list some things that have changed since surgery, some of which you may not understand, if you have never been over weight... and a lot of photos. 1. My highest documented weight was 364lbs, I currently weigh 250lbs. 2. I wore a 4x or 26/28 prior to surgery, I currently wear 1x, xl (which are NOT the same) and 14/16/18 pants... brands y'all. 3. My ring size went from a 10 to a 7. 4. Bra band size went from 46 to 38/40. 5. I am rocking a 2 piece at the pool! 6. My feet are smaller, maybe 1/2 size. 7. I have collar bones! (Say what) 8. I can easily shave my whole leg. 9. I have the ability to paint my  own toes and not pass out. 10. I can go into almost any "normal size" sto...

Why has it been so long?

It's been quite some time since my last post. I'll try to give a "quick" update, but can we be real... I don't know how to do short and sweet. I am long winded. In no particular order, here are some things that have been going on: 1. My thyroid is a complete jerk. Really. Every single time I go in for blood work, it's worse and we increase the medicine. I have started also seeing a natural healing doctor, in addition to my primary physician. It can't hurt. There is a website that I can recently found that has helped me feel not alone with my health issues,  I have added links for you to read, if you wish.  https://themighty.com/2017/02/what-people-get-wrong-about-hypothyroidism/ 2. Due to above mentioned jerk, my weight loss has halted and I have gained about 30lbs in the past 6 months. I work on it every day. Some days are better than others. 3. I did complete my masters degree! (insert me dancing) Now I have about a 2 year process of supervision be...