Skip to main content

What size?

So since my last post, the scale hasn't moved much, 276.6lbs. Which can be incredibly discouraging. I have decided to hide the scale for the ENTIRE month of February. I am a little nervous, but it's for the best. I started this journey in a size 28 pants and I am currently wearing a size 18. I was recently able to purchase my very first pair of knee boots. The scale is not the only measuring tool. I can feel and see the difference. I think maybe I was a size 18 in 9th grade, maybe, it could have been 7th grade. I don't really ever remember not shopping in the plus size section.
I have been dealing with some general illnesses since November and I am finally getting back to a normal gym schedule. I have practiced yoga for 2 or 3 years, even at my highest weight of 364lbs, I still went to yoga. I am currently still attending yoga, and I have started a Barre Revolution class (which is a mix of ballet and Pilates, sort of) and spin classes. I still use the elliptical as well. I truly believe that you should find what type of exercise works for your body, find what you enjoy and look forward to and do that! I'm sure the stair-stepper thing is great for some people, it feels like hell to me: I don't use the stair-stepper thing. Yoga makes me feel powerful.
I also have days when I feel fat and gross, we all do. More days than not, I feel beautiful. I feel strong and like I can do anything.
I have sought medical attention and had a Panniculectomy consult ( http://surgery.med.umich.edu/plastic/patient/adult_procedures/panniculectomy/ ). BCBS of Alabama denied the claim, basically because I do not have any open sores or wound, infections, or rashes. I politely and sternly explained to BCBS of Al, medical review department that I felt like I was being punished for having good hygiene. I am waiting for a reply.
This new lifestyle is great and I will continue to adapt to the changes. Everyday is a new normal.

Love you Guys!
Sara

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

so

so, if you know me, you know that i ask a lot of questions. i seem to wonder about things that no one thinks of.. i will share my most amazing thoughts on here. maybe if you have thoughts, you can respond; if not, it just feels good to get it out. example. why does nabisco continue to make "regular" oreo's, when they have double stuffed? i mean ,why would you not purchase the double stuffed, it's so much better!

4 months already?

Surgery seems so long ago, but in reality yesterday was four months since I had gastric sleeve surgery. These photos are four months apart, I have lost 51 pounds. I feel amazing! I got the results from my three month postop bloodwork, the only issue is my thyroid is not working correctly, which we knew before surgery. I will have further testing on that in the next few weeks. I started this process wearing a size 28 in pants and a 4X in T-shirts, I am now in a comfortable size 22 pants and a 2X and T-shirts. If you see me on a regular basis, you will notice that I have the same clothes in heavy rotation, bear with me, I'm working on selling some clothes so I can buy new clothes that fit! As far as exercise goes, I continue to go to yoga class and I have started attending a spinning\cycling class, and is always the elliptical. The elliptical is my true love.  I am forever grateful for everyone's support during this journey so far, and I know that your support is ongoing. Love y

How is it that 6 months seems so short and so long?

I am in an amazing season of life. It's weird most days and I do not understand the plans the Lord is making, but that is okay. The Lord has timing. This morning as I sat in church, Andy Heis spoke about enjoying THIS time that God is moving in and do not spend all your time and energy looking back or looking too far forward. And at this moment, I am great. Sure things will change and move and explode and calm again, that is life folks. Almost 2 years ago I was originally nominated for the Humanitarian Award, that I was blessed to win 18 months later. The National Obesity Foundation is ran by almost all volunteers and they had a large turn over and my paperwork was lost in the shuffle. Lucky for them, I am persistent and assertive. I called and emailed and called and emailed until I spoke with Mike Panas, who helped me tremendously. As you know, I won that award and had Gastric Sleeve surgery in June, 6 months ago. I cannot say that I wished it would had happened sooner and I cann