Skip to main content

Why has it been so long?

It's been quite some time since my last post. I'll try to give a "quick" update, but can we be real... I don't know how to do short and sweet. I am long winded. In no particular order, here are some things that have been going on:

1. My thyroid is a complete jerk. Really. Every single time I go in for blood work, it's worse and we increase the medicine. I have started also seeing a natural healing doctor, in addition to my primary physician. It can't hurt. There is a website that I can recently found that has helped me feel not alone with my health issues,  I have added links for you to read, if you wish.  https://themighty.com/2017/02/what-people-get-wrong-about-hypothyroidism/

2. Due to above mentioned jerk, my weight loss has halted and I have gained about 30lbs in the past 6 months. I work on it every day. Some days are better than others.

3. I did complete my masters degree! (insert me dancing) Now I have about a 2 year process of supervision before I can be a LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor).

4. My Idiopathic Hypersomnia remains in full effect (in addition to jerk thyroid, I am tired. a lot). Some days I can fight the sleepiness, but other days are too hard and I sleep for 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon. I usually only sleep 4-5 hours at night. I also get up at 4 am for work, so don't tell me to get 8 hours of sleep. That would mean going to bed at 8pm, which honestly sounds amazing, but almost impossible, if I want to have any sort of social life. https://themighty.com/2016/04/letter-for-friends-of-those-with-idiopathic-hypersomnia-and-narcolepsy/

5. My social life has suffered, because of the exhaustion. Sometimes the thought of getting re-ready and leaving the house after I get home from work seems like too much. I long for the energy to go to the gym every day, but it's just not there.

6. I have a pretty great boyfriend, who is understanding of my health issues. And he is okay with me sleeping through a day date. I appreciate that.

7. I also suffer from migraines, I had one yesterday. I don't talk about my health issues, for anyone to feel sorry for me. I just want people to be understanding when someone (me) has an invisible illness. You can't see my brain fog and how my short term memory is almost gone. You can't see how tired I am behind the smile. https://themighty.com/2015/06/living-with-migraines-what-to-know/

8. I have zero regrets about any surgery. I am so very thankful for them.

9. Without the love, support, and prayers from my friends and family, life would be so much harder. I attend http://www.desperationchurch.tv/
I love it. I have so many accountability partners and people who love me through the good and the bad. If you don't have a life giving church or community that pours into you, find one.

10. Sandy and Charlie are still as good as ever. This month makes 6 years since Sandy found me, and Charlie followed soon after.


Now that my time is not consumed by grad school, hopefully I can have a little emotional and mental purge and let you all in more on my craziness.

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it), and”
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

so

so, if you know me, you know that i ask a lot of questions. i seem to wonder about things that no one thinks of.. i will share my most amazing thoughts on here. maybe if you have thoughts, you can respond; if not, it just feels good to get it out. example. why does nabisco continue to make "regular" oreo's, when they have double stuffed? i mean ,why would you not purchase the double stuffed, it's so much better!

4 months already?

Surgery seems so long ago, but in reality yesterday was four months since I had gastric sleeve surgery. These photos are four months apart, I have lost 51 pounds. I feel amazing! I got the results from my three month postop bloodwork, the only issue is my thyroid is not working correctly, which we knew before surgery. I will have further testing on that in the next few weeks. I started this process wearing a size 28 in pants and a 4X in T-shirts, I am now in a comfortable size 22 pants and a 2X and T-shirts. If you see me on a regular basis, you will notice that I have the same clothes in heavy rotation, bear with me, I'm working on selling some clothes so I can buy new clothes that fit! As far as exercise goes, I continue to go to yoga class and I have started attending a spinning\cycling class, and is always the elliptical. The elliptical is my true love.  I am forever grateful for everyone's support during this journey so far, and I know that your support is ongoing. Love y

How is it that 6 months seems so short and so long?

I am in an amazing season of life. It's weird most days and I do not understand the plans the Lord is making, but that is okay. The Lord has timing. This morning as I sat in church, Andy Heis spoke about enjoying THIS time that God is moving in and do not spend all your time and energy looking back or looking too far forward. And at this moment, I am great. Sure things will change and move and explode and calm again, that is life folks. Almost 2 years ago I was originally nominated for the Humanitarian Award, that I was blessed to win 18 months later. The National Obesity Foundation is ran by almost all volunteers and they had a large turn over and my paperwork was lost in the shuffle. Lucky for them, I am persistent and assertive. I called and emailed and called and emailed until I spoke with Mike Panas, who helped me tremendously. As you know, I won that award and had Gastric Sleeve surgery in June, 6 months ago. I cannot say that I wished it would had happened sooner and I cann